Creating or renewing an account for online New York Times access
How to create a new account to access the New York Times online using your MVCC email account.
How to renew your account if it expires while you are still a current MVCC student or employee.
Current MVCC students, faculty, and staff can get free access to the New York Times online, including their mobile app. Here's how:
1. Go to https://nytimesineducation.com/access-nyt/ to create an account with NYT.
2. You will be asked to search for your school. Enter Mohawk Valley Community College and select the suggested school.
3. There will be two different link options depending on whether you are off or on-campus. Select the blue "Go" button if you are off-campus. If you are on-campus, follow the directions on the correct link to select.
4. Simply follow the directions. You will be asked to enter your MVCC email and create a password. Make sure you enter your email address correctly.
5. If you are a student, you will be asked to choose your anticipated graduation year. (If your plans change and you are still a current student after that date, you can always renew your account at that time). See below for steps to renew.
6. If you are faculty or staff, your account will expire in 4 years. See below for steps to renew.
7. Use your email and the password you created to sign in whenever using a new computer or device. You can download the New York Times app from your mobile device's app store and use this log in there.
Steps to Renew:
1. Start from the New York Times link in the library's A-Z database list.
2. If you are off campus, you will be asked to log in with your MVCC email username and associated password.
3. If your account is expired, you will be taken to a screen that prompts you to renew. Enter your MVCC email address and the password you used to create the account.