Answered By: Claire Ehrlich Last Updated: Sep 13, 2022 Views: 13
OER textbooks often come packaged as EPUB files, which are not print-friendly.
Use a file converter like calibre to convert EPUB files to PDF. Calibre is free and open-source and can be downloaded on Macs and Windows PCs.
1. Download an offline EPUB copy of the OER textbook to your computer.
2. Upload it to calibre.
3. Click the Convert Books button in the top menu of Calibre.
4. Change the Output format to PDF.
5. Click ok. Process takes several minutes.
6. Once the conversion is complete, select the PDF file to download to your device. It is then ready to be printed. If using a library printer, please print front-and-back to save paper and print no more than 50 pages at a time to give others a chance to print.